Job type: Full time
Place of work: Warri
We are currently looking for a creative business writer who is dedicated to creating great original content. The Business Writer will work with others to better understand project expectations, produce content with the needs of the client or employer in mind, participate in the brainstorming process, and conduct research to develop or support writing . You should also be prepared to participate in other creative processes, such as the visuals selection process.
- Create and edit master copy that is accurate, well-researched, and meets client/company needs and deadlines.
- Speak with internal and external parties to learn about their content needs.
- Conduct research to formulate ideas or support writing.
- Learn more about the copy’s target audience.
- Assist in other aspects of the creative or research processes to create consistent and accurate content.
- Interpret drafting notes to understand project requirements
- Collaborate with designers, PR and other professionals on large and small scale marketing projects (e.g. email campaigns and landing pages)
- Conduct high quality research and interviews
- Edit and proofread copy as needed
- Use SEO principles to maximize copy reach
- Source Images and Other Content
- A Bachelor of Science in Marketing, English, Journalism or a related field
- A minimum of 2-3 years of related experience in copywriting or in a specific industry, such as marketing or technology, may be beneficial.
- Demonstrated writing and typing skills
- Proven experience as an editor or related role
- Knowledge of online content strategy and creation
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Experience with SEO
- Strong research skills
- Collaborative spirit
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
Click here to apply